Hi readers! I figured since I am fairly new to the blogging world, that I would share 10 things you don’t know about me. Feel free to comment a few things about yourself!
I am from North Carolina, any fellow southerners? BBQ and grits are food staples, rocking chairs and front porches are essential for your house, saying “bless your heart” is actually not a compliment, college football is a big deal, and we talk to everyone. Oh, and I do say y’all pretty frequently.
2. My husband and I met on Match.com! Anyone else meet their significant other online? I was working full time as a third grade teacher and I didn’t have a lot of time to go out and meet people. I went on for a few months and I learned a lot about myself- what I want/don’t want in a husband. One day, I received a message from this handsome guy saying hello. After messaging back and forth, we went on our first date. It was seriously the best date I’ve ever been on. It felt as though we had known each other already. A few weeks later we canceled our accounts and 2.5 years later we were married 🙂
3. I have never broken a bone and I hope it stays that way! I had a slight fracture in my foot and had a few stitches on my leg.
3. My first job was at a retirement home while I was in college. I was a waitress and served them lunch or dinner in their dining room. I really enjoyed working there. Don’t get me wrong, it was slightly difficult but the residents loved to talk and share stories. They would talk about the former careers they had and their children and grandchildren.
4. The Office and Parks are Recreation are my favorite shows. I have lost count of how many times I have watched it. It never fails to make me laugh or to put me in a better mood on a rough day.
5. I am a former teacher. I taught third grade as well as preschool. When my daughter was born, I stopped teaching so I could stay home with her. It is not an easy job and causes a lot of worrying especially late at night. However, every one of my student’s affected me in a positive way. I saved every drawing, card, or note they gave me. I truly will never forget any of them. There are not too many jobs like that.
6. I am a HUGE coffee drinker. Drinking a cup of coffee int he morning is my favorite thing ever. I also love a cup of coffee in the afternoon. Seriously, if it didn’t make me slightly wound up I would drink it all day.
7. I have 2 siblings. My brother is 7 years younger than me and my sister is 10 years younger than me. There is quite an age gap between us but I have always enjoyed it. I took care of them a lot when we were younger and I believe that is why I went into teaching.
8. I have been a runner most of my life. Last year I ran my first 10k!
9. Halloween is my absolute favorite! I love decorating the house, picking out our costumes, carving pumpkins, and of course watching Hocus Pocus.
10. I HATE wearing heels. I try to avoid wearing them at all costs. If I have to wear them, I always hope my feet will go numb so I can’t feel how badly they hurt. Dramatic, I know.
I hope you enjoyed my random list of things you don’t know about me! Have a great weekend!